Sunday 18 December 2011

DungeonMorph Dice

Finally, they have arrived in Sweden - the DungeonMorph Dice!

One set - five dice.
Very cool! I'm really happy with how they turned out. Now I have to figure out in what contexts/projects to use them. So far, I have these ideas:

1) First and foremost, I will use them in a writing exercise I started up a few weeks back. It is a solitaire roleplaying project, where I use the Story Engine Plus Editon as the roleplaying ruleset, together with the Mythic Game Master Emulator. I bought a small (A5 sized) notebook, and I'm actually playing/writing by hand! (Feels great being analogue for once!) In the last pages of the notebook, I have glued photo copies of the Mythic GME tables, and I will glue some Story Engine references too. With this notebook, I can play whereever I want - like at the bus, in the bed just before closing my eyes for sleep etc. I will write more about this project (and show photos of the notebook and how I organized it) in later posts. Anyway, the story I write/play is a fantasy story, so the DungeonMorph Dice will be perfect for creating dungeons that my PCs will explore as a part of their adventure!

2) Song of Gold and Darkness - an expansion to Song of Blades and Heroes (SBH). Not an expansion I own, yet, but it looks interesting. It covers dungeon adventuring, using the SBH rules. I thought I might use the DungeonMorph Dice for creating the dungeon.

3) Create a dungeon crawler game, and use the dice for randomly create the dungeon layout. There are tons of dungeon crawler games out there already, but I have never made one of my own. So perhaps, it has become my turn to contribute in this genre with a tiny game, with simple character characteristics, quick game play, easy rules etc. Nothing serious really, just for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment