Friday 16 March 2012

Rory's Story Cubes: Voyages

I couldn't resist the new set of Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages!


I have the two other sets (original+actions), and when I first found out about this new set at the SoloNexus blog two weeks ago, I knew I had to have it! I love those dice, they are really good for inspiration. Voyages is perfect for the fantasy genre, as many pictures are fantasy/medieval influenced.

I got the new set by mail today, a perfect way of celebrating the upcoming weekend! =)

4 comments:

  1. Gimme! Gimme! Can't wait 'til the U.S. gets them!

    Any other genres represented? I thought I saw a "ray gun" type image on one facet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky since I could order them directly from UK, which meant reasonable shipping cost, fast delivery, and no &#%!½ custom charges (within EU)!

      You are right, the set is not pure fantasy/medieval. For example there is this ray gun you've seen already, a camera, a speedometer (I think) and a u-boat. But even those images could be useful in e.g. a fantasy setting, just a matter of tweaking the meaning into the context.

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize they weren't available in the states yet. I almost bought the regular and action cubes today at Barnes & Noble, but I thought my wife might object so I'm holding off for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you just have to convince your wife that she has big use of them too! Even though my wife isn't using them, I use them together with my daughters (at least the eldest, soon six years). We brainstorm short stories using them. The dice are really amazing for triggering your brain into association.

      Delete